PAL Gift Card Terms and Conditions
6. You will receive an Order Confirmation via email following the purchase of the Gift Card. Acknowledgment Receipt will be sent via email at least 24 hours after successful payment.
7. Your recipient will receive the personalized Gift Card with the unique GC number and PIN code, which must be entered to purchase Philippine Airlines ticket/s and/or Travel Extras (except for Travel Insurance and myPAL Upgrade).
If you selected “Send later”, then the Gift Card will be delivered on the date you have indicated in the purchase page. Once delivered, a Gift Card Delivery Confirmation email will be sent to the sender.
8. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded and do not expire or lose their value over time. There is no maintaining balance needed for availing the Gift Card. Other than the purchase price for your gift card, there are no other chargeable fees for your purchase and/or redemption of the gift card (e.g., activation fees, additional service fees, or dormancy fees, and the like)
9. The whole amount paid for the Gift Card will appear on your credit card or account under the biller’s name of Philippine Airlines.
10. Gift cards can be used to pay for tickets and select travel extras through the following channels:
US/CANADA TOLL FREE HOTLINES: 1-800-I-FLY-PAL OR 1-800-435-9725 3:00AM – 6:00PM (Hawaii Time), 5:00 AM – 8:00PM (Pacific Time), 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM (Eastern Time)
11. Gift Cards may be used to purchase Tickets (including base fare, taxes, and fees) and/or Travel Extras (except for Travel Insurance and MyPal Upgrade). Applicable discounts will be available as required by law.
12. Gift Cards may be spent in increments until the total amount is fully used.
13. When purchasing Philippine Airlines ticket/s and Travel Extras, the currency on your Gift Card will be the only currency applicable for purchasing Tickets and Travel Extras quoted in the same currency. The Gift Card’s value will not be converted to any other currency for redemption.
14. Gift cards cannot be used to purchase new Gift Card(s).
15. If the purchase amount equals the available GC balance, the value will be fully used. If the purchase amount exceeds the GC’s redeemable balance, the excess may be paid through other acceptable forms of payment.
You can use up to a maximum of two (2) forms of payment for a single transaction with a combination of either any of the following: Gift Card(s), Voucher(s) and any acceptable forms of payment.
After your transaction, the amount of the Gift Card will be updated, including any remaining balance, and it will remain valid under the same terms.
16. Gift Card is transferable and can be used to pay for a Philippine Airlines ticket or select Travel Extras of another customer.
17. In cases of flight disruptions or cancellations, the refund value will be credited back to the GC used to purchase the tickets or Travel Extras (as applicable). Refund is in accordance with the Fare Conditions of the ticket.
If the ticket or select Travel Extras were paid using multiple payment modes (e.g., Gift Card and Cash, Gift Card and Credit Card, or Gift Card and Refund Voucher), the refund will be credited back to its original forms of payment respectively (e.g., partial credit back to the Gift Card and partial cash refund, etc.)
Other Terms and Conditions
18. Philippine Airlines is not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, or used without recipient’s permission. You agree that the possession by any person of the gift card is deemed an authority for said person as bearer of the gift card to use the same. Neither PAL nor PAL’s agent, employee or representative is obligated to request a person presenting this Gift Card to identify himself/herself.
19. Philippine Airlines tickets and Travel Extras purchased using Gift Card are subject to applicable Fare Conditions and Conditions of Carriage of Philippine Airlines.
20. PAL is not liable in the case that the email address of Gift Card recipient is incorrect.
21. Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be returned or converted to cash or credit, except where required by law.
22. Except where prohibited by law, Philippine Airlines reserves the right to refuse, deactivate, cancel, reject, or hold for review any gift card mistakenly issued in an incorrect denomination or issued or procured, directly or indirectly, in connection with fraudulent actions or in connection with any violation of these terms and conditions.
23. PAL reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. These modifications or changes shall not impact the Gift Cards that have already been purchased.